This is the latest news from us.
You can edit this description in the Content Category Manager.
This will show the most recent article. You can easily change it to show more if you wish.
Greetings from President Schulz here in Nebraska and or South Dakota. I just wanted to share a few things with everyone.
1. Your Board of Directors get together every month on a teleconference and we follow our agenda just as if we were all in a room together. The minutes of all our board meetings are posted on this website under the About Us tab.
2. We are busy planning the 5oth Anniversary General membership meeting in Knoxville this July. The first day of the meeting is on 19 July. We will begin at 0800 at the Airport Hilton hotel which is across the runway from McGhee Tyson. Breakfast will be served after the introduction of Board of Directors and distinguished guests. After breakfast we will have some welcome messages from several guests and eventually we will have a update on the TEC by a member of the staff. We will continue with our meeting for the rest of that day. That evening we will have our Awards Banquet where we will recognize our Outstanding Graduate of the Year as well as the IG Brown Command Excellence winner. The next day will be the 50th anniversary celebration at the TEC. They will have a welcome with several speakers and then a luncheon. After the luncheon there will be tours of the education center. The 21st we will have another breakfast at the hotel and we will resume and conclude our business meetings. The registration form for our meeting is located on the General Membership Meeting tab of this web site. If you wish to attend I recommend that you make your hotel reservations soon so that you get a room before they are all gone. The hotel information is also located on the registration form.
3. This Association in conjunction with the Heritage committee at Knoxville will be selling bricks to be placed around the Minuteman statue at the TEC. Just go to the Heritage Brick Fundraiser tab to get the information to order your brick. We are offering a special half price sale until the end of the General Membership meeting.
4. We will be having a quilt to raffle off at the General membership meeting. It is finished I will be putting pictures of it on this web site. All of the Board of Directors have tickets that you can purchase. Just email one of the board members near you to get your tickets. We will have the tickets at the meeting in Knoxville also. Hope to see you there.
5. The deadline for OGY, IG Brown, Hall of Fame, and Minutewoman Awards package submission is past, so I hope your chapter has gotten their packages submitted. As soon as our selection committee composed of retiree's from all the regions have completed the selection process, an announcement will be made letting everyone know who the winners are.
6. Lastly encourage your dependents to submit their scholarship packages to the 1st Vice President by 30 June. We have some very substantial scholarships available. And don't forget that as a member of this association we have a scholarship for you also. Because our 1st Vice President is deployed, all packages are to be submitted electronically to our Membership Director Belinda Creasser before 30 June 2018. All of the information for the scholarships is located on the Scholarship tab.